Find yourself looking wistfully at photographs of Italy, drenched in sun and full of good food and fortune? Bring the pleasures of the Mediterranean into your life, wherever you are, with this series of lessons on the bella figura.
The bella figura is an Italian concept based on embracing the beauty and joy of life which author Kamin Mohammadi has reimagined as a lifestyle philosophy in her book Bella Figura: How To Live, Love and Eat the Italian Way. It is a method for enjoying life in every moment while at the same time effortlessly improving our physical and mental health all while we savour delicious Italian food, wine and gelato. This seven-part course teaches you how to find your inner Italian, with lessons on how to make the perfect cappuccino without the need for a fancy capsule machine; the extraordinary benefits of extra virgin olive oil; how to shop and eat as Italians do and why that’s so good for our health, and the rewards of slowing down and bathing in nature regularly. The Bella Figura course shares the author’s tips for making every day as nice as it can be with plenty of practical tools for effortless ways to increase our sense of happiness and wellbeing – an experiential Italian wellbeing guide for the idle.
The course is laid out in seven lessons:
1) Coffee: the art of the perfect cappuccino (10:35)
2) Olive oil: the secret to Italian longevity – and great skin (16:35)
3) How – and what – to eat: Italian superfoods (22:50)
4) Festina Lente: in haste, slowness (10:18)
5) Walk tall, look up: the importance of good posture (14:50)
6) Find your community, and never need a gym again (11:20)
7) Seek out nature: forest bathing (10:35)