Banish your fears and build your confidence in front of an audience with professional coach David Butter.
Do you want to overcome nervousness and build your confidence? Or become more effective in engaging an audience? Or just learn more about the art and science of public speaking?
Whatever your motivation, and whether you are young or old, introvert or extravert, an ‘old hand’ or new to public speaking, this online course will help you to find your voice.
You will have the opportunity to create and deliver a short speech on a subject of your choice, whether for a social occasion or a professional event, and build greater confidence and ability to inspire, persuade or entertain your audience.
This five-part course will teach you tools, tips and techniques from the wise men of Ancient Athens to the ‘madmen’ of Madison Avenue. After a short introduction you will actively engage with each of the five P’s of Public Speaking: The Physical skills, Planning your speech, Preparing your content, Persuasion and rhetoric, and Performance skills.
This programme follows excellent feedback from David Butter’s live Public Speaking programmes at The Idler Academy.
When you purchase this course, you receive:
• a short video introduction followed by five video lessons totalling two and a half hours
• worksheets for planning and preparing your speech
• clear and simple onscreen slides to assist learning and practice
• a quiz and sources for further reading
• access to our public speaking comments board where David Butter will answer your queries, and you can engage with the Idler community worldwide
About the tutor